Friday, August 14, 2009

Bruce Milroy and Friends raise £16,000

In a gruelling nine day challenge cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats Bruce Milroy and two friends Gwyn Williams and Vincent Kennedy set out on July 8th and covered 115 miles a day, a superb effort from these first time cyclists. Milroy said," In the end it wasn't about the miles for me, but it was about my friend Paul who recently passed away and the RFA. I am exhausted but happy. I wasn't sure I could do this but it is a lesson in just how remarkable the human body is."

You can see the team’s live interview with the Dumfries and Gallow Standard by visiting www.dgstandard.co.uk/videos-pics/2009/07/20/cycling-for-cancer-funds-51311-24197964

They had hoped to raise £10,000 but they have even beaten that target. To date they have raised £16,000. If you would like to contribute to this sponsorship please visit www.justgiving.com/ethosfundraising